Saturday, April 22, 2006

Sunglasses on the head??

A comment on my blog about Cat & Toast Power by an anonymous reader (although I have a good idea who anonymous might be!) has led me to this current .

Have you ever noticed the number of blokes wearing their sunglasses on the top of their head?? Does it bother you? What is it with these guys? Is there some delicate spot just forward of the crown but back from the forehead that needs special shielding from dangerous UV rays? Will the sun affect their brains if they don't wear them like that, OR is it that the sun has already affected their brain and that is why they wear them in that way?

Recently I went to a luncheon at the Cricketers Club at the Gabba. At the table next to us was a bloke (I use the term advisedly) who not only walked into the luncheon with his sunnies pushed up over his brow onto the top of the head, but they stayed there throughout the entire long lunch. He looked like a DORK!! Maybe he was trying to impress the selectors, as I have noticed a couple of Aussie cricketers wearing their sunnies in a similar fashion!

Girls will often push their sunnies off their eyes and into their hair and the glasses act like a hair band. I can understand this use of the glasses to keep hair out of the eyes, but most of the blokes you see wearing their sunnnies in this fashion have very closely cut hair (a number 1 or 2 blade at least). Therefore I can postulate (I like postulating) and extrapolate (I don't like extrapolating nearly as much as postulating, but it is a cool word and makes me sound smarter than I really am) that the blokes are not using the sunnies as a hair band. Pretty smart, huh?

I have had it put to me (by a top-of-the-head sunglass wearer) that the placing of the sunglasses in that position is just a convenience to save them from having to take them off. This is clearly BS!!!!!! If this were true, we would be seeing a lot of people pushing their plain reading or driving glasses up to the top of their head and walking around town with them there. When is the last time you saw anyone, man or woman, with plain, clear glasses pushed up over their brow?? I can't recall ever seeing it. This leads me to my final theory - more extrapolating!!!!!!

As there appears to be no practical reason for blokes to be wearing sunglasses on the top of the head and the only people who could have a practical reason for wearing them such are women, is it possible that all these 'blokes' are either (a) women in drag? (b) wish they were women? or as the current Governor of the great state of California recently said (in referring to some political opponents) (c) they are 'girlie-men'?

What do you think??


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHEN A MAN STARTS TO WEAR SUNGLASSES ON THE TOP OF HIS HEAD FREQUENTLY IT IS OFTEN A SIGN THAT HE IS UNFAITHFUL TO HIS PARTNER, THE GLASSES BECOME A SYMBOL OF HIS DUALITY AND SECURITY TO HIDE THE TRUTH. THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, BUT HAVE ALSO HEARD THIS HYPOTHESIS ELSEWHERE.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Nia said...

What's worse is guys who wear their sunglasses on their forhead...not right on top of their heads...what's with that?

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter