Thursday, April 06, 2006

Why is cooking so relaxing?

Has anyone noticed that cooking can be therapeutic? No, I am not talking about just bashing something out on a week night to keep the kids happy and fed, but I am talking about taking the time to create something really nice - something potentially restaurant quality.

I haven't worked out what it is. Is it that I am just getting older? Am I losing my "yobbishness" - heaven forbid!! Is it that I just like playing with fire and sharp knives? I really do not know, but I do know that I am enjoying trying to create (maybe that is it - creating) something special.

My wife thinks it is great! She is not allowed in the kitchen on the weekends - it is my place - that is along with the tool cupboard, workbench etc etc.

Am I just trying to find the perfect meal to match with my wines? That may be some of it. My oldest son (16) says he doesn't care why and begs me not to question it or to fight it but rather just to go with it. He may be the sanest person around!

Is the food really restaurant quality?? Maybe about one in every 5 or 6 attempts is? Maybe I ma just egotistical? My family thinks they are restaurant quality - maybe they are just biased?

Who cares? Are we having fun?? YOU BET!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter